Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sometimes Life's a Bully...

Wow..this has been one of those weeks..life has thrown several curve balls my way lately; so much so that I am desperate for my weekend getaway with my girlfriends this coming weekend. The majority of this week has been heartbreaking and stressful. But as I sit here and think about the many things I have faced in just a few short days I'm reminded of a Bible verse I keep so close to my heart.

In Jeremiah 29:11 God says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future." All I can think about is how amazing God truly is. He knew in the beginning that life would be tough sometimes; but isn't it so awesome that we can run to Him with our problems when we are in desperate need of love and comfort. Sometimes we don't always see the big picture but at the end of the day God has a plan for us. I feel blessed to have someone already know exactly how my life will turn out even when I have weeks like this one; and I am comforted at the thought of knowing that my life will turn out exactly the way it was destined to be.

So here's my thought for today: Life can be such a bully but it all comes back to my basic theory of life. Love is patient. Sometimes life isn't the greatest and those are the times we are called to be patient. God knows exactly how things will turn out and because we love him we are called to be patient with his timing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment