Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friendships are a Gift..

Last night I sat around a huge table celerating a very important occasion. As I watched people laughing and enjoying each other's company, I began to think about the idea of friendship. God knew that in this life we would need "friends" and the fact that God is so awesome that he came up with this concept is beyond my comprehention. I thank God everyday for the amazing friends he has put into my life to help guide and support me.

When I think about the years I have lived with the friends that I have been blessed with, I think about people like Lara. She was the last to celebrate her 21st birthday out of the group of friends that I have grown up with and as I watched her enjoying her night, I silently thanked God for her. Lara and I have been through more in the past 21 years then most people go through. From school, to relationships, to losing a friend. She is my rock, my former amazing roomate; one of my dearest friends.

As I have said before, life is about love; and in love comes relationships with people. Those relationships with people; whether I've known them my whole life, just met them, or specifically prayed for them, are the things that get me through the day. The idea of friendship, I believe, is one of the greatest gifts we could ever be given in this life. Isn't God awesome?!

So Happy Birthday Lara..and thank you for the amazing friend that you are. And to all my many other friends..thank you for being my friend. I love and appreciate each one of you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment