Thursday, November 10, 2011

Excitment and curves..

I have drooled over blogs on several occasions..wishing I could have a place to save my thoughts, theories and life experiences. Now look who's blogging for the first time. So here's my thought for my first post:

When I woke up this morning I walked by our bar in the kitchen and on the bar lay a Cosmopolitan magazine. I must confess before going further that I don't actually read this magazine. Somehow I was trying to win a million dollars at one point in my life and ended up accidentally ordering a years subscription of Cosmo (I might add that I didn't realize this until I didn't win a million dollars but started receiving this magazine in the mail along with a bill.) Now they won't stop coming..I no longer pay but continue to get them. Usually I just toss the magazine underneath the decent ones in my magazine rack; but today I stopped as I realized Adele was on the front cover. Who doesn't love Adele?!

As I looked at the cover of the magazine a thought crossed my mind. Thank you Cosmo for finally putting someone like her on the front of your magazine. In a world where skinny is vital to good looks we have a curvy woman on the front of a sexy magazine. And let me add..she looked stunning. As I drove to work I began to think about the years in which I have struggled to accept my not so perfectly skinny frame and felt relieved at the beauty of a curvy woman on the front of a magazine who is talented and respectable.

So here's my thought for the day: God loves me (and everyone else) just the way I am. He created me to have hips... and today I feel beyond blessed for them. My prayer is that Adele's cover shoot will inspire girls all over the world as well.

I think I'll open my Cosmo to read Adele's article this evening because she has inspired me to love my curves. :)   Adele's Cover December Issue

3 comments:

  1. Yay for your blog!! Love! I also love this post! I love Adele. I'm glad they put her on the cover of the magazine, too. She's said on a couple of occasions that she likes her curves, and doesn't want to be skinny. She is beautiful, inside and out. As are YOU! I'm thankful for your friendship, and this post. I needed to read it today. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you. You are wise beyond your years. So thankful God sent you to our family:).

    ReplyDelete